About Me

My photo
The adventures of a culinary student are a constant journey with a lifetime of memories. I live by a simple motto: "Travel - Cook - Learn." Cooking can be simple; all you need is passion and someone to inspire you. When I come across pictures, stories, places or even recipes, I will share them for all.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day3: Pina Colada & Skinny Pina Colada

Paradise; the Island Pina Colada 
I couldn't resist...
I travel frequently, and I couldn't help but notice how every time I order a Pina Colada they always taste different no matter where I go. hows is that? Its all about the RUM, and the ratios of mix and alcohol. but i noticed on the Virgin Islands that their Pina Coladas a lot stronger (not complaining).  Now one of the best UP-Sales iv noticed regarding Pina Coladas was in Block Island (Rhode Island). For a up-charge they will add an extra shot of rum, by pouring it in the straw and on top. Does it attract business, UMMM YEAHHHHH, the beach goers love it. Below i Included Two recipes i use and enjoy for  Pina Coladas. Im also taking request for other recipes.

Pina Colada: "I'm off the clock"
3oz rum (your choice)
3oz coconut rum
3oz pineapple juice
2oz cream
ICE

"Skinny" Pina Colada
2oz Bacardi rum, Coconut
5oz Coconut water
2 Pineapple Juice

Shake all the ingredients well, and don't forget your cherry (fruit is good for you)



No comments:

Post a Comment